Director of Claims Management
|February 05, 2013 - June 20, 2013|
|Benefits:||FULL BENEFITS PACKAGE|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Director of Claims Management is responsible for ensuring operational excellence, superior service and claims management oversight of the ASO and Workers Compensation Claims Unit.|
Operational Unit includes, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability (Fully Insured and Self Insured), FMLA and Workers’ Compensation
|Duties:||• Ensures that performance requirements and core competencies are communicated to management team and driven down to all levels of staff. |
• Provides training, coaching and mentoring to Management Team and assists management team in indentifying staff with potential for advancement.
• Evaluates and Ensures that all managers are providing direct oversight to their teams and meeting the needs of the teams with respect to training, mentoring and auditing claim results and meeting client service levels.
• Identify and develop process improvement opportunities to enhance service, performance capabilities and efficiencies and share with Senior Managers.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with business partners to include Account Management, QA Department, Training, Staffing , Practice Leaders, AVP’s and other Directors
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with client contacts.
• Evaluate claim counts on a regular basis to ensure service levels are maintained and staffing is appropriately addressed.
• Assist in sales process by participating in Finalist Presentations
• Participates on committees for Strategic Initiatives ie Best Practices, SOP’s PACs conversion Project
• All other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• MUST have previous experience managing Disability Claim Examiners.|
• Minimum of five (5) years related experience.
• Must have demonstrated superior abilities with a high level of accuracy and productivity.
• Relevant Bachelor’s Degree required.
• The ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
• The ability to function with minimal supervision.
• Proven ability to work well in a high visibility, public oriented environment, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to work with the following equipment: P.C., telephone, fax machine, calculator.
• Prior experience using an automated claim system desirable.
• 25% travel is required
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.