Vocational Rehabilitation/Return to Work Coordinator
|April 02, 2013 - September 13, 2013|
|Location:||PALO ALTO, CA|
|Benefits:||FULL BENEFIT PACKAGE|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Primary Role of the Vocational Rehabilitation /Return to Work Coordinator as outlined in this description of services applies to services provided while a claimant is covered under short-term disability, FMLA and/or Workers’ Compensation. |
|Duties:||If determined by the administrator that a claimant’s condition or reason for leave falls under the agreed upon criteria and the opportunity for early return to work or return to transitional work exists, the Vocational Coordinator will perform the following services:|
• Contact Client manager/supervisor and Human Resources to clarify understanding of job requirements, obtain job analysis, and determine work restrictions and feasibility of transitional return to work.
• Contact treating health care provider to clarify understanding of job requirements, review job analysis, and determine work restrictions and feasibility of transitional return to work, where transitional work is available or condition indicates early release without restrictions and limitations.
• Where possible, identify barriers to return to work and propose solutions for consideration by supervisor/manager and Human Resources. If transitional work is not available, document rationale in claim system and notify Human Resources.
• Communicate with Claims Examiner, employee, managers/supervisors, Human Resources.
• Track and document transitional work efforts in claim notes and monitor claimant’s progress during periods of temporary transitional work until employee reaches maximum medical improvement, restrictions and limitations are no longer considered temporary or, or there is a full duty release.
• Maintain regular contact with the employee, supervisor/manager and Human Resources during this period to identify any barriers to regular duty. During this time, the Vocational Coordinator will identify if the restrictions are permanent and require accommodation and/or trigger the interactive process requirements. The claim file will remain open during the period of temporary transitional work.
In the case where an employee returns to full unrestricted duty for more than 30 calendar days and the manager or the employee raises issues related to the employee’s ability to continue in this capacity, the Vocational Coordinator will perform the following services:
• Provide Client with a monthly report of all return to work activities, identifying employee and type of accommodation. If no accommodation is available the report should identify the employee and reasons why return to work was not feasible.
|Qualifications:||• Bachelor’s degree in a social science field or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience, preferred. |
• Knowledge of interactive process requirements under ADAAA
• Ability to follow direction, use of sound judgment, and excellent time management skills are essential.
• Must maintain good recipient relationships, and be able to identify priorities and stay organized.
• Preferred typing skills of 40 wpm (+).
• Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC), Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS),
• Knowledge of community based behavioral health services is preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.