|September 26, 2013 - November 12, 2013|
|Benefits:||FULL BENEFITS PACKAGE|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Short Term Disability|
|Description:||The Claims Assistant (FMLA/LOA/Disability) will provide basic professional administrative support to the Integrated Claims team.|
|Duties:||• Assist with electronic mail, filing, and general office duties relating to insurance claims. |
• Process claims paperwork and first reports.
• Efficiently expedite correspondences and update diaries.
• Effectively communicate with claimants, clients, and providers.
• Assist in bill payment process, and data entry task and documentation production.
• Utilizes the Claim System for inquiries and letter generation.
• Performs other duties necessary to support the claims unit.
• Resolves routine administrative problems and answers inquiries.
• Receives and responds to routine correspondence (some of which may be confidential); proofreads, revises and edits other materials for accuracy, thoroughness and appropriateness.
• Compiles, organizes and analyzes basic information for inclusion in reports and customer packages.
• Perform other related support duties as requested.
|Qualifications:||• High school diploma (or equivalent) and a minimum of 1-2 years of customer service and/or administrative experience required.|
• Use of computerized claims systems, Microsoft Office Suite experience required.
• Must be able to type at least 45 wpm
• Ability to organize work, manage time and follow through.
• Ability to exercise judgment to shift priorities and organize multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to apply basic administrative skills to perform standardized duties (e.g., to create memos, reports, spreadsheets, etc.)
• Concise written and oral communication skills
• Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills required to help resolve routine problems, answer general questions, and know when to escalate more complex issues.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.